Dec 22nd 2018
Your immune system protects you against viral and bacterial invaders that could make you very sick. With the weather changing and so many people exposed to each other’s germs, staying healthy can be a challenge.
Here are a few tips to make sure you sail through the winter in great health.
1. Get plenty of rest. Being sleep deprived can weaken your immunity.
2. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to get immune boosting nutrients - especially berries. To supplement your intake, MDR offers Wild Blueberry & Bilberry Antioxidants and Cranberry Concentrate.
3. Take your MDR Fitness Tabs to make sure you are not deficient in vitamins needed for a healthy immune system.
4. Get enough protein in your diet. Protein is vital to make T and B cells, neutrophils, monocytes and Natural Killer (NK) cells that protect against viruses and maintain adaptive immune responses.
5. Drink water to allow organs to function properly and immune related cells to move thru the body easily and do their job efficiently.
6. Don’t overdo it with too much alcohol, smoking, or stress. These can have a negative effect on your immune system.
7. Get some sunshine. Sun exposure will increase your body’s level of Vitamin D.
8. Go for a walk or get some physical activity every day. This will increase your circulation which is especially important for your lymph system.
Scientists have recently discovered the lymph nodes act as headquarters for immune response and contain memory B cells which carry information on how to quickly fight pathogens the body previously encountered. When bacteria can double in a matter of 30 minutes, every minute counts!
9. Eat mushrooms. They contain Beta Glucans that support natural killer cells boosting immunity. You can take MDR OnGuard Immune Defense each day as a natural source of Maitake and Shitake mushrooms combined with LoHan fruit and Milk Colostrum, rich in hundreds of natural immune factors to promote health.
10. Have an attitude of gratitude. Smiling and being grateful can do wonders to keep you healthy!